Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Packages, hooray!!

I looooove getting packages in the mail!! Almost as much as I love the items inside the packages, hehe!! Today was great, I received a box that I had been anticipating for a long time and it's arrival was a bit unexpected, hooray! The item I was most excited for was the Twinkling Sledding Party. I have loved this set for a long time and I can remember going over to Sarafina's house and wanting to take it off the shelf to look at it. The colors are so beautiful and of course…the glitter. Wonderful. Absolutely stunning. And now I have one of my own! I am one lucky LPS collector :) It is missing the comb, which I hope to someday find either on the Kenner forum or on ebay. But for now, I will sit and stare lovingly at the adorable husky puppies and their fabulous igloo habitat.


Another set that came (complete!) was the Zoo Baby Bobcat. I was not very familiar with this set, but when I saw it for sale on Jeapos's site I instantly fell in love with it :) I was highly amused by the toy mouse that the set comes with, since it appears to be the same one from the Charming Kitties set, except that there's nothing to put the end into!! Oh, Kenner… I also snagged the blue food bucket for the Jungle Bunch set, which you can see at the edge of the picture.

Some other accessories that I acquired were the black and white checkered bed for the Collie as well as the blue bed and pink bow for the Poodle. So close to complete!!

And finally, I got a few starter pieces for the Fluffy Persian set. I usually find the fluffy tails to be a bit odd, something about the combination of plastic and fuzzy that strikes me as unusual, but this one is quite lovely. I think her tail seems fluffier than the other pets or something, and I absolutely love the action of her flickering tail!!! I hope to complete this set soon too :)

These wonderful finds, along with the other mixed lot that I received in the mail a couple days ago, made for a great LPS week for me! I was able to complete my '92 Playset with the arrival of the cardboard cut-out backing, as well as start a few other incomplete sets including the Itsy Bitsy Mice which is pictured above. I even managed to be surprised by the paper "litter" that was just loose in the box, so I added it to my Busy Hamsters set. I remember the litter as a kid and being annoyed with how easily it seemed to disappear after transporting sets to and from Sarafina's house, hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment